DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
Deep Tissue Massage
Lady Lymph offers specialized deep tissue massage therapy for targeted well-being.
Our certified therapists bring expertise to address tension, improve mobility, and enhance relaxation.
Tailored to your unique needs, our deep tissue massages go beyond the surface, promoting healing for both body and mind.
Trust Lady Lymph for a rejuvenating experience.
What is Deep Tissue Massage?
Deep tissue massage is a therapeutic massage technique that focuses on reaching the deeper layers of muscles, tendons, and connective tissues.
It aims to release chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow, deep, and intense pressure.
Unlike Swedish massage, which uses lighter strokes and focuses on relaxation, deep tissue massage is designed to target specific areas of tension and discomfort.
Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage:
1. Muscle Tension Relief: Deep tissue massage is highly effective in releasing chronic muscle tension and tightness.
2. Improved Range of Motion: By addressing deep layers of muscles, this massage technique can enhance flexibility and improve overall range of motion.
3. Better Circulation: The pressure applied during deep tissue massage promotes improved blood flow, which can aid in the healing process and reduce inflammation.
4. Stress Reduction: Despite its focus on deep tissues, this massage can have a calming effect on the nervous system, leading to overall stress reduction.
5. Injury Rehabilitation: Deep tissue massage is often used as part of rehabilitation after injuries, helping to break down scar tissue and prevent the formation of new adhesions.
Precautions & Considerations:
Blood clotting disorder
Deep vein thrombosis
Pregnant individuals should inform their massage therapist about their pregnancy, as some techniques and positions may need to be adjusted.
What to Expect During a Session:
Before the massage begins, your therapist will conduct a brief consultation to understand your specific concerns, health history, and goals for the session.
The therapist will use a combination of deep, slow strokes and friction across the grain of the muscles. While the pressure can be intense, it should not be painful. Communication with your therapist is crucial to ensure the pressure is within your comfort level.
It's advisable to drink plenty of water after a deep tissue massage to help flush out toxins released from the muscles.
Let us take care of you! Book a Deep Tissue Massage in Auckland at Lady Lymph.